NEW WOMEN’S BIBLE STUDY TO BEGIN WED 2/9 & THURS 2/10
We are excited to share with you how the Lord worked and led us as we met together to plan for Women’s Ministries in 2022. Many of you took part in the recent ‘Seeking Him’ Bible study. That study was so powerful and life-changing that we really weren’t sure where to go from there. We gathered, after much prayer, with many ideas but asked the Lord for His guidance and His choice for us. We certainly love you all, but He loves and knows you in ways that are deeper than we can even fathom…. After much deliberation, discussion, thoughts/ideas flowing back and forth He brought us to ‘God of Creation’ by Jen Wilkin. I’m not really sure how He did it, but God brought the 4 of us to complete agreement and no further discussion was necessary!! (I call that a Wow!) We are SO looking forward to what He has for all of us… please join us! I’m sure He had you in mind when He brought this study to our minds…
If you’re interested, click on the link to see an Intro to Jen Wilkin’s ‘God of Creation’ Bible study: https://youtu.be/oTcEX63guDc
- Bible study will begin the 2nd week of February (2/9 & 2/10). We’ll follow the same format as we did in our last study.
- 2 different locations will be offered on Wednesday mornings at 9AM (at CBC, led by Linda Bensing and in Brentwood at the home of the Cooks and the Herndons, led by Nancy Herndon).
- An evening study group will meet via Zoom on Thursday evenings at 6:30pm, led by Lynn Redlick.
For more info contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Question for you: Our heart’s desire is that this study would be done together in small groups in different women’s homes. If the Lord puts it upon your heart to gather some women into your home to do this study together, please respond to this email and let us know asap. You don’t need to be a teacher; All of the material, videos, questions are provided for you.
- The Bible study books have been pre-ordered.
- The price of the book is $16.00.
- You may wait until the 1st day of class to purchase and pick-up your book or you may get it at church earlier if you like.
- Cash or Check made out to Concord Bible Church will be accepted.
PLANS FOR SPRING AND FALL WOMEN’S RETREATS
SPRING – IF: Gathering = March 4th– 5th
Last year a handful of CBC women met in a home to watch the IF: Gathering together in the Spring. We are going to offer this opportunity to you again in hopes that more of you will respond this year.
The IF: Gathering is a Women’s Conference that takes place live in Dallas, Tx. It features worship, many speakers and many workshops. The conference is also broadcasted and made available to be experienced in local groups called IF Locals.
Watch this IF: Gathering promo video by Jennie Allen: https://youtu.be/Pt6QZmxS3OU
A group pass has been purchased for the purpose of gathering together to fellowship, worship, watch, pray and eat (of course!). In registering as part of this CBC local group you save $10 off the individual registration fee. You also have the option of streaming the conference from home, while still being connected to the group via chat.
- Find out more information about the speakers and the workshops here on their website: IF:Gathering 2022 – IF:Gathering (ifgathering.com)
- Register for the CBC IF Local group here:https://watch.if2022.com/register/join-group?groupid=20708&code=CBC4975
Questions about IF: Gathering? Call or Email Lynn Redlick (925-759-2201 / email@example.com)
FALL – Mt. Hermon Fall Women’s Retreat, Sept. 23-25th, 2022
As more information becomes available to us from Mt. Hermon, we’ll keep you posted! But for now, save the dates!
The price of retreats has understandably risen. We’d hate for anyone to miss this retreat due to monetary reasons, so we plan to set up a Retreat Sponsorship Fund. More information coming…
That’s a lot of information in one email… please reply to me if you have any questions at all. The Women’s Ministry Leadership Team will be meeting again soon to plan out events and gatherings for this 2022 year. So, again we’ll keep you posted.
May the Grace and Peace of our Savior Jesus Christ be with you all!!,
Lynn (for the WM Team: Linda B., Elham N., myself, and Nancy H.)
“Let us think of ways to motivate one another to acts of love and good works. And let us not neglect our meeting together, as some people do, but encourage one another, especially now that the day of his return is drawing near.” Hebrews 10: 24-25 (NLT)